A playground at French Charley's Playground (which also has two ball fields)
in Bronx Park at East 204th Street and Webster Avenue, June 2014. Named
after Charley Mangin who owned a French restaurant in the area in the 1890s.
Renovated in 2001 (new equipment and safety surfacing).
This is one of many WPA projects
in the Bronx
; it was built in 1940-41. References:
Charley's Playground, NYC Department of Parks & Recreation.
- Department of Parks Press
Release, July 29, 1940.
of Parks Press Release, June 22, 1941.
at French Charley's, Norwood News, Vol.14, No.8, April 19 - May