"During the fiscal year 1936, the principal project was one for $1,760,800
to cover general rearrangement and improvement of shop buildings. The
largest single item under this project was the complete reconstruction of a
group of old buildings to form a pipe and copper shop, as illustrated in
figure J-1. The interior of a portion of this building which is
approximately 400 feet square is shown in figure J-2."[1,p.85]
All the work listed in this section was done by the WPA[1,pp.13-20,85-98].
- Public Works of
the Navy, US Government Printing Office, Washington DC, Bulletin
38, May 1937.